Sacred Heart Parish was founded by Rev. McNamee in 1877. A small frame building was built at the corner of Second and Church Streets to serve as the first church for the new parish. It was dedicated in 1881. The first pastor was the Reverend J. H. May. The Reverend Adolph Holtschneider became pastor in 1904 and guided the construction of our present church which was dedicated on November 24, 1918. The church underwent renovation in 1988.
Pastors who have served at Sacred Heart:
Rev. J. H. May 1881-1900 Rev. Joseph B. Winter 1971-1983
Rev. Victor Stepka 1900-1904 Rev. Robert P. Jovanovic 1983-1991
Rev. Adolph Holtschneider 1904-1944 Rev. Michael L. Donald 1991-2004
Rev. Edward J. Meier 1944-1962 Rev. Peter M. Blake 2004-2008
Rev. Aloysius J. Marschner 1962-1966 Rev. Joseph E. Wormek 2008-2013
Rev. Aloysius F. Wilmes 1966-1971 Rev. Clark B. Maes 2013-2019